One of the reasons “WHY” you should audit your social media sites regularly is because social media is constantly changing and keeping up with all those changes, it is a full time job in itself. You need to keep yourself aware of what is evolving, new trends, current strategies and what tools to use so that you can better adapt them in your business.
Attending seminars, workshops, live stream tutorials, “rub” shoulders with influencers…however, reality is that you need to run your business and often you don’t have the time or the sufficient knowledge of what best to do, what strategies actually work. Therefore, you start your accounts on social media with your best intentions but soon you lose interest and neglect to manage them consistently.
Besides you heard that social sites are free to use so “Why not?” They are indeed free for personal profiles accounts but when it comes to business, it is a completely different story and then you come across obstacles like:
- It takes too much time to manage;
- Don’t understand how to nurture relationships with clients;
- Which platforms to use;
- What is the best approach to find people;
- What content is best to use;
- How to get more engagement;
- How to use targeted social advertising;
- Where to get the necessary information to share with your audience.
Before you tackle all those obstacles, you need to know if in fact your current social media presence is solid:
- Do you have a strong call to action on your cover photo with the benefits of your business?
- Are you posting content at least once a day? (Post frequency will depend on the type of business!)
- Are you running regular social advertising and sending your potential customers to your website?
- Do your social images reflect your business brand?
- Are you using the necessary keywords to allow others to search for your business quicker?
- Are you watching what your competitors are doing?
- Have you claimed your social custom URL?
- Are you following others regularly?
I could go on and on but I am going to leave you to reflect on these questions and to help you find out your current social media status and enable you to do a quick audit on your social sites, please download “The Social Media Checklists For Your Business”.
Start small…and choose one social site, go through every question on the checklist, and then make some notes on how you can change it to your business advantage.
Here is the download checklist again “The Social Media Checklists For Your Business”.
I also want to invite you for my free Leap Call so that we can get clear on your current situation and what actions you should put in place to help you achieve results with your social media marketing.
If you think this will be useful to you or others, please share and comment below. Let me know what is your feedback from the checklists and if it has helped you.